In the event of a car accident, you may experience a range of injuries caused by the sudden impact. Even minor car accidents can lead to lingering injuries that, if not properly treated, can worsen. Following a car accident, it’s critical to receive treatment that addresses your injuries. For many individuals, visiting a chiropractor is an effective way to recover following a car accident.
But how exactly do chiropractors help after an auto accident? In this blog, we’re taking a closer look at how these healthcare specialists can help car accident victims recover faster and get back to their active, healthy lifestyles. With a holistic and non-invasive approach to care, chiropractors are ideal for treating car accident injuries.
At the Denver Integrated Spine Center, we’re committed to your recovery. As one of the leading multidisciplinary injury recovery centers in Denver, we have the experience and expertise to help you heal. Our team of experienced chiropractors is trained to treat back pain, headaches and neck pain, joint issues, and injuries caused by car accidents and general personal injuries. Our unique approach to care involves physical therapy, chiropractic care, and massage therapy to improve your recovery process so you can get back to the life you love. Our entire team at Denver Integrated Spine Center is committed to your recovery.
What is Chiropractic Care?
According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, chiropractic is a “licensed healthcare profession that emphasizes the body’s ability to heal itself.” This type of care generally includes manual therapy that utilizes spinal manipulations and chiropractic adjustments to realign the body into its natural positioning. When the body is realigned and treated in such a way, patients experience a range of health benefits.
The foundation of chiropractic care is various adjustments that can work to relieve pain, improve mobility, and help the body heal itself naturally. However, many chiropractic offices offer many different types of additional treatments that enable them to assist more patients. In addition to chiropractic adjustments, many chiropractor offices also offer physical therapy, acupuncture, dry needling, massage therapy, Kinesio taping, cold laser treatment, and more. Some chiropractors will also be able to offer dietary and lifestyle guidelines to help you recover faster and maintain good health even after you leave their office.
It’s important to recognize that not every chiropractic office specializes in every type of treatment. Some offices, for example, may specialize in treating sports injuries while others may offer more general chiropractic services. You should openly discuss your specific needs with your potential chiropractor so they can adequately assess how they can help. In most cases, if they can’t treat you, they’ll be able to refer you to someone who can. You may also be able to receive a referral from your primary care doctor.
Common Car Accident Injuries
While every car accident is unique, there are several common car accident injuries that can be experienced by drivers and passengers. By better understanding the most common car accident injuries, you can make a smarter decision when it comes to receiving the right treatment for your specific injuries. For many of these common injuries, visiting a chiropractor is a safe and effective way to recover from your injuries.
Some of the most common car accident injuries include:
- Bruising and contusions.
- Neck and back injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Internal bleeding.
- Brain injuries.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
How Can Chiropractors Help After a Car Accident?
There are several ways that chiropractors can help after you’ve been involved in a car accident. These specialists are experts at reducing pain, improving mobility, and working with your body to heal naturally and work toward a long-lasting recovery.
Here are the top ways that chiropractors can help if you’ve been in a car accident:
- Relieve pain: chronic pain, especially in the back or neck, is a common problem following a car accident. Chiropractic adjustments can provide quick pain relief that is long-lasting and safe.
- Reduce inflammation: a certain amount of inflammation is natural following an injury as your body works to heal; however, too much inflammation can damage your tissue and cause pain or discomfort. By helping your body release cytokine, chiropractic adjustments can reduce the body’s inflammation.
- Improve mobility: joint stiffness and limited mobility are both common following an auto accident. Chiropractic adjustments help you gradually regain any lost mobility.
- Reduce scar tissue: scar tissue can cause pain and stiffness. But a chiropractor can practice specific techniques that help your body break down scar tissue and heal even faster.
- Avoid invasive treatments: receiving chiropractic care can also help you avoid more invasive (and potentially harmful) types of treatment, such as major surgery or prescription medication.
Who Else Could Benefit From Seeing a Chiropractor?
Chiropractors are effective at treating car accident injuries, but that’s just the beginning when it comes to who these specialists can treat. Chiropractic care can treat a wide range of injuries, ailments, and patients. As a non-invasive and holistic approach to care, many patients prefer this type of treatment over other tactics, such as prescription medication or surgery. Unlike other methods of treatment, chiropractic care works with your body to encourage natural healing that is effective and long-lasting.
So, who else could benefit from visiting a chiropractor’s office? If you’re experiencing one of the following health conditions, chiropractic care can help.
- Back pain: spinal manipulation is one of the most effective ways to treat chronic back pain that can limit your mobility and make everyday life a challenge. As an alternative to back surgery, chiropractic care is safer, too.
- Neck pain and stiffness: whether caused by whiplash or simply the wear and tear of your daily life, chiropractic adjustments can relieve neck pain and improve mobility throughout the neck and spine. Neck pain and headaches can be effectively treated by chiropractors.
- Headaches and migraines: if you’re suffering from chronic headaches or migraines, chiropractic treatments can work to alleviate this pain.
- Sports injuries: every sport has the potential for injury. If you suffer from a rotator cuff tear, groin pull, dislocation, shin splints, tendon injuries, or more, seeing a chiropractor can help you recover and get back in the game. Chiropractic care can even help you prevent future injuries.
Conclusion – How Can Chiropractors Help After a Car Accident?
Following a car accident, it’s essential to receive appropriate care for your injuries. Even if you feel fine at the time, you may not notice minor injuries that can worsen with time. And in some cases, the adrenaline from the task can temporarily mask the pain of your injuries. You should never gamble with your health, which is why you should visit a chiropractor after a car accident. These specialists can help by relieving pain, improving joint mobility, reducing scar tissue, and helping you avoid more invasive types of treatment. Chiropractic care is safe, convenient, and perhaps most importantly, effective.
The Denver Integrated Spine Center is your choice for full-service chiropractic care. Serving patients in the greater Denver area and throughout Colorado, our team is dedicated to your healthcare needs and recovery. If you’re recovering from a car accident or experiencing chronic pain, limited mobility, joint stiffness, or even headaches or migraines, our expert team can help you recover faster.
Contact us to schedule your appointment for an initial consultation. Our office specializes in personalized care and advanced treatment techniques to help you recover from injury, relieve pain, and get you back to a happy and active lifestyle.